Do you love playing video games and showing off your skills to the world? Do you want to make some money from your hobby or just have fun with your friends?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to try the game live streaming. Game live streaming is a way of broadcasting your gameplay sessions to an audience in real-time. You can also chat with your viewers, join communities, and even get some free stuff.
But with so many gaming streaming platforms and sites out there, how do you know which one is right for you? How to find the best game streaming services? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
In this post, we will tell you about 5 of the video game streaming platforms in 2023 and help you pick the one that suits your style.
Want to change your voice while game streaming to make it more fun? A free voice changer can help you. FineShare FineVoice offers 30+ voice effects and 200+ sound effects to make your streaming engaging.
Part 1: 5 Best Gaming Streaming Platforms in 2023 (Editor’s Picks)
# 1. Twitch
Twitch is the king of the game live streaming. It has everything you could ever want from a streaming platform:
- Tons of games, genres, and communities to choose from;
- Lots of features and tools for streamers and viewers;
- Perks for Amazon Prime members, such as free subscriptions and exclusive content.
You can stream or watch anything from esports to indie games to retro games to cooking shows. Yes, cooking shows.
Compatibility: PC, consoles, mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, and smart TVs.
Twitch also has a lot of ways for streamers and viewers to make money or support each other.
- As a streamer, you can customize your channel, use extensions and overlays, access analytics and insights, and monetize your streams with subscriptions, bits, ads, and sponsorships.
- As a viewer, you can chat with other users, follow your favorite streamers, use emotes and badges, and enjoy perks from Amazon Prime members such as free subscriptions and exclusive content.
# 2. YouTube Gaming
YouTube Gaming is the video giant’s gaming section, where you can find live streams and videos from your favorite creators.
As one of the best gaming streaming sites and platforms, you can also access Google’s cloud gaming service, Stadia, which lets you play games on any device without downloading or installing them. How convenient is that?
Compatibility: PC, consoles, mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, and smart TVs.
YouTube Gaming has a huge audience base and support tools for streamers.
- As a streamer, you can use YouTube’s powerful video editor, analytics dashboard, and monetization options such as memberships, super chats, super stickers, and ads. You can also stream in up to 4K resolution and 60 FPS.
- As a viewer, you can watch streams and videos in high quality, chat with other users, use emojis and stickers and support your favorite streamers with donations and memberships.
A third-party streaming software like OBS Studio can help you make a good experience. Don’t know how to use OBS Game Capture? Check this post to learn more: [OBS Game Capture] How to Record Games with OBS Studio
# 3. Facebook Gaming
Facebook Gaming is the social network’s gaming hub where you can stream and watch games from both desktop and mobile devices. It also integrates with Oculus VR and has a feature called Level Up that rewards streamers with monetization options and fan engagement tools.
Compatibility: PC, mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, and smart TVs. You can also use the Facebook Gaming app to stream or watch games on your mobile device.
Facebook Gaming has a seamless streaming experience for both streamers and viewers.
- As a streamer, you can use Facebook’s built-in streaming software or third-party software such as OBS Studio or Streamlabs OBS. You can also monetize your streams with stars (virtual currency), fan subscriptions (monthly payments), ads (pre-roll or mid-roll), and branded content (sponsored posts).
- As a viewer, you can watch streams in high quality, chat with other users, use reactions and stickers and support your favorite streamers with stars or fan subscriptions.
Do you have some problems with the game refund on Steam? If so, this post can help you: How to Refund a Game on Steam? Everything for Money Back
# 4. DLive
DLive is a decentralized platform that uses blockchain technology to reward streamers and viewers with its cryptocurrency called Lino. It also has a huge recognition and rewards system that encourages community growth and interaction.
Compatibility: PC, mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, and smart TVs.
DLive has a unique streaming model that benefits both streamers and viewers.
- As a streamer, you can earn Lino from donations, subscriptions, ads, and referrals. You can also get featured on the homepage, join verified partner programs, and participate in events and contests.
- As a viewer, you can earn Lino by watching streams, chatting with other users, using stickers and emojis, and joining treasure chests (random giveaways). You can also donate Lino to your favorite streamers or exchange them for real money.
# 5. Bigo Live
Bigo Live is a mobile-focused platform that lets you stream and watch games as well as other live content such as music, dance, and chat. It also has a real cash-earning feature that lets you exchange virtual gifts called beans for money.
Compatibility: The streaming feature is mainly available on mobile phones and tablets, but you can also watch streams on web browsers.
Bigo Live has a simple and easy-to-use interface for both streamers and viewers.
- As a streamer, you can stream games from your mobile device or PC using the Bigo Live app or third-party software such as OBS Studio or Streamlabs OBS. You can also monetize your streams with beans, diamonds (another virtual currency), and ads.
- As a viewer, you can watch streams in high quality, chat with other users, use emojis and stickers and support your favorite streamers with beans or diamonds.
Part 2: How to Choose the Best Game Live Streaming Platform for You
Now that you know the 5 best game live streaming platforms in 2023, how do you choose the one that suits you best? Here are some factors that you should consider:
#1. The type of games you want to stream or watch
Different platforms have different game libraries and genres. Some platforms may have more popular or niche games than others. Choose the one that has the games that you are interested in or want to discover.
#2. The size and quality of the audience and community
Different platforms have different audience sizes and community cultures. Some platforms may have more active or loyal viewers than others. Choose the one that has the audience and community that you want to reach or join.
#3. The features and tools available for streamers and viewers
Different platforms have different features and tools for streamers and viewers. Some platforms may have more customization or monetization options than others. Choose the one that has the features and tools that you need or want to use.
#4. The monetization and reward options for streamers
Different platforms have different monetization and reward options for streamers. Some platforms may have more generous or diverse income sources than others. Choose the one that has the monetization and reward options that you prefer or aspire to get.
#5. The compatibility and accessibility of the platform across different devices
Different platforms have different compatibility and accessibility across different devices. Some platforms may work better or faster on certain devices than others. Choose the one that works well on the devices that you own or plan to use.
Game live streaming is a fun and rewarding way of playing video games and sharing your passion with others. But with so many streaming platforms for gaming out there, it can be hard to choose the best one for your needs.
That’s why we’ve created this post to introduce you to 5 of the best gaming streaming platforms in 2023 and help you decide which one suits you best. We hope this post has been helpful and informative for you.
Try FineVoice for Free
Powerful real-time voice changer for tuning your voice in gaming, streaming, and chatting. It comes with various voice & sound effects and supports creating custom voice. Get it for free.